Tuesday, November 29, 2011

21 Days...

Today was just hot mess outside...actually a cold, wet, icy mess...but you get the picture!

I went down to get my paychecks today...which apparently I get paid in cash (which, by the way, is illegal...) and in two weeks I have worked 32 hours at $7.40 so that is like $266.80 and today I went downstairs and was handed $40..so about 16%...that is complete bullsh**...and I am pretty sure the department of labor would NOT be too happy to know that 1. an employee is not being paid and 2. the employee is illegally being paid under the table. SO to say the least I was pretty angered as I had planned to go buy stuff with my own money and not Bryan's...but oh, well...I never went...which is probably okay lol

I was very unmotivated to do anything today...maybe it was the weather...maybe it was the feeling hungover (I have not had a drink in like 2 weeks) or maybe it was just that it is depressing to sit in this empty, ugly condo when I know I could be home (in MO) doing significant projects in our house...

I never really thought about moving today...I am actually looking forward to it these days...I am sick of working a janky butt job and sick of constantly being everywhere...I am ready to be in just ONE place (hopefully we get to just stay in one place...)I will miss being in Michigan and miss being so close to my friends and family but I am excited to just perhaps have a nice job, have a nice house to live in and have some stability in schedule and friends and just LIFE!

On the topic of jobs...I had a lengthy conversation with a prospective employer and I feel that it went positive...I am not getting my hopes too up...but it is exciting to know that it may not be as difficult to find a good job as I was anticipating in another state that does not accept my teaching degree...so yay on that because I am tired of having nothing to do except look good ;) (and do laundry and cleaning and making dinner and grocery shopping and packing and preparing a weekly flexible menu...)

Today while reading my tweets...which I do every morning...I go to bed quite early because that is just our schedule... I miss what goes on in the world when normal people are awake...ANYWAYS...I ramble. I am feeling bad for one of my sorority sisters. Now, I cannot say that we are besties or that we have spent a significant amount of time together..but a sister is a sister and we are forever bound together by ritual, letters and sisterhood. She is recently engaged and it is a whirlwind romance (I think that it is very movie worthy...just sayin') I totally get the whirlwind romance and although mine is going on a different path...I understand that you want support from friends and family and that ultimately YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY! I feel bad for her because (by reading tweets) she has been getting negative feedback and unsupportive vibes from friends and probably sisters. I hope that people start to respect her choices and her new life...because it is HER life...not theirs! I am proud of her for doing what makes her happy and for working her hardest to deal with the negativity I wish her the best of luck and I hope that they (her and her fiance') truly live happily ever after--that is all any of us deserve!

So now I have to go get laundry started so it looks like I have done something successful today and get dinner kind of started...I never know when it needs to be exactly ready so alls I can do is prepare...like a girl scout! Day 21 has been stress free...minus my stupid "boss"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest