Monday, November 28, 2011

Days 27, 26, 25, 24, 23

OH. MY. It has been a LOOOOONG, STRESSFUL, FUN, UNIQUE 4 or 5 days. I literally never had time to "blog" and when I had extra "free time" it would have been inappropriate to be on my phone or the iPad...

ALSO! I officially, technically live in St. Charles, Missouri in a cute, adorable, awesome house with Bryan...I just now have to see if they'll let me get a new license so I can be an actual resident! lol It is so nice to live in a real house and have a real house that I can do things to!

let's see...Day 27 Well...Bryan was still sick...I woke up and raked leaves so when the yard people come to OUR house they will be able to suck them up...because I had high doubts that they would go through our car port...IT. WAS. BEAUTIFUL OUT! This was probably one of the last gorgeous days I will get to see...but I am a Michigander and seeing a 73 degree day at the end of November is quite an experience! I decided that it was finally time to unload the flippin' Uhaul that I just drove for 10 hours and packed less than 12 hours early...I was enjoying the weather and the sunshine so I just opened up the Uhaul and started making piles for Bryan and I to take in (Bryan tried to help...but he was NOT looking too good...)

We got everything into the house...most things that were in the basement pile went to the basement...and somethings just needed to wait until we could make homes for it...which...was a bit challenging in some cases because Bryan (this is joking) is a hoarder and should be on an A&E special...LOL

This day still seems kind of like a blur...I was pretty much exhausted still from driving across three states and in a uhaul and in the rain...yes, it POURED rain the entire 542 miles! We did get rid of the uHaul with our friend Matt and went and got the rental car since both of our cars were the Mitten. We went to MY FAVORITE ST. CHARLES ESTABLISHMENT, Tubby's which is pretty much a bowling alley dive...but the steaks are amazing...beef and butter...two of my favorite ingredients! I was supposed to go out with some of our friends...but I passed out on the couch watching 5 minutes of TV...so I just decided not to feel bad because I was obviously beyond tired!

Day 26 TURKEY DAY!
It is amazing how different people celebrate holidays...I am learning this a lot from Bryan's family as most of my friends celebrate similar to my family...I also learned that in Missouri they call lunch dinner and dinner supper...so I am always just confused! so Thanksgiving Dinner was served at like 11:45..I was so hongry and so ready to just eat!!! It was just like any other Thanksgiving dinner...family, food, cranberries! After we got all of the dishes put away and ate up dessert...there was a significantly large conversation that Bryan should go to urgent care/er to go get his noggin and well sickness looked at....I'd been trying to get him to do this for about 2 days...so I had my doubts and I refuse to force someone to go to the doctor if they do not want to...unless they are a child or a bone is sticking out....

We ended up driving back east to St. Clair Hospital (it was very churchy...) and got to the parking lot of the ER/Urgent care sat in the parking lot and he decided we would come back if it was still bad...we drove almost all of the way back to 70 Bryan decided we should go back and get him checked out...I was fit to be tied...but sometimes you just have to go with it...especially when someone is sick...and let me tell you...men are super needy when they're sick...I can only hope that I can be so needy when I am sick...but I find it hard to do that...because I always feel that I have to be moving!

Bryan ended up just have high blood sugar...super duper high blood sugar..which is not good..but at least it was not like a brain tumor or bleeding on the brain...which were all things that Bryan thought was wrong with him! So, he has to go back to the doctor for a check up but I am still (today) doubting he will go...maybe...

We went to Walmart which was a frikin' mistake...crazy people were wondering the aisles or standing in ridiculous lines...we saw pallets all around with shrink wrap around them and signs saying when they would open so the crazies could get their special deals...people are so crazy...we somehow managed to find ourselves a dvd player that did not get us trampled and got some stuff to make a healthy but quick dinner...we went home, watched movies, ate food and passed out camping on the floor... So we had an eventful and unique Thanksgiving!

Day 25...BLACK FRIDAY

We did not wake up to go shopping...we did not even wake up until like 10am...everyone (all two of us) was exhausted and obviously in need of rest...I got up...went down the road to IGA got some food for lunch and for breakfast the next day..so just some SILK and Honey Nut Cheerios. I had to clean the kitchen up a bit from our dinner to be able to prepare lunch...we ate...watched TV and then I got Bryan to go through the hallway closets which were filled with stuff no person needs to save lol. We had 7 years of Playboys to move....I have no idea why they were saved...but I think Bryan just has a hard time throwing things away...

I got one of the closets organized and filled with our bathroom extras, meds, and other things. I feel horrible because we have to use pink sparkly drawers...but it makes it organized and clean! Bryan even told me it was okay because no one should be looking into our closets! LOL So now we have one empty closet awaiting it's stuff...which will most likely be linens and maybe my jewelery boxes or I have no idea...it is just nice to have space that is clean and can be organized! We got the rest of the close closet in our bedroom cleaned out and I got rid of ALL metal hangers... I detest them and they are not allowed in our house! LOL So I got my closet at least hung up...we still ahve to get our seasonal stuff to the den..but the den closet is filled with unused hangers!!! It will all come together eventually!

So Day 25 was all spent cleaning, organizing OH and we went and ate at our favorite Mexican Restaurant, El Maguey!

Day 24 I spent a lot of time getting the trash into the car...because we had to clean out the expired foods from the cupboard and fridge...there was a significant amount...so we had lots of trash to say the least! It was raining, cold and this is what the whole day was forcasted to do! I kept getting more and more excited the less and less that we had in the house and the more open space that we had! It is takes so much time to do it and I was pretty stressed at how little seemed to be getting done...but it was more than I gave myself credit for...

We went downtown to eat and it was and still is Old Time Christmas days. Lunch at R.T. Wilers was of course AMAZING and the best part of the whole weekend and that day was that as we were walking in the drizzle back to our car that Chuck the Budweiser Clydesdale was out for picture op! IT. WAS. AWESOME. I got to pet him and stand next to him! It was so cool! We went back home and cleaned and organized...we warmed up leftovers and just chillaxed in our house!

Day 23 TRAVEL DAY :,(

We had to wake up early to get to the airport. For being the Sunday after Thanksgiving it was not busy at Hertz...we did have a colorful driver who was essentially cussing out the Hertz rental staff! The airport was the airport and I hate being there and security is a pain...it was super depressing yesterday because I just wanted to stay and organize and get the house super perfect...but there could be work and Bryan is still sick and needs someone to cook and watch him! The flight was quick as usual and the drive was painful as usual...when you get to the airport you're at the point where you just want to be "home". Before we could go back to the condo we had to go to Meijer to get food that will be healthy for us to eat and possibly assist in lowering Bryan's blood sugar...so we got lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains and just healthy stuff. We finally got back and I just had to clean and organize...I was exhausted and wanted to go crash but groceries had to be put away, fridge needed some cleaning out of older food and food had to be made. Bryan tried to help but 1. it is hard to have two people doing things in the kitchen and 2. he still didn't feel good so I felt bad putting him to work. It was frustrating that I got to the condo and had to clean and organize and put laundry away...but it had to be done ... we ate a good dinner had a snack of carrots and hummus and watched some of our stories!

It was a long week...but it was fun and a lot was accomplished. Now that 97% of my stuff is moved I am less stressed about that...now it is just stress trying to see everyone and get everything done for getting a license and trying to know if I am ever going to work...because now it is Monday at 9am and we still do not have a work schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest