Saturday, November 19, 2011

31 Days

Today I had no time to really think about moving..UNTIL I talked on the phone with my Mom..she always somehow manages to bring up the fact that I am moving and that life will never be the same as we know it (that is of course only 5% more dramatic than it really comes out of her mouth)

WE ACTUALLY GOT TO SLEEP IN TODAY! Essentially Bryan works ALL of the time, Saturday, Sunday, Mondays at 11PM when the buildings flood...so it was amazing to go to bed late, wake up late, lounge around and do nothing and then get ready just to go eat lunch an hour away. It was pretty fabulous.

We had a nice lunch some brews and some good talk about WHERE we will be on what days for the holidays...VERY COMPLICATED! Very.

Me being the person with the LEAST Holiday spirit 2 months before the holiday...I mean come on..Downtown Bay City has been decorated since BEFORE Halloween. I tried to GET INTO THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT by going Christmas ornament shopping for family. I usually make or buy them some sort of Holiday trinket that can be cherished for years and years to come and yadda yadda. I decided "oh, hey, Bronnors Christmas World is just on the way home!" so I stop...I swear to you that it was busier than Disney World on Mickey's Birthday. People were aimlessly walking around amongst the thousands and thousands of decorations...WHICH ARE LABELED and SORTED INTO CATEGORIES...so it is beyond me how people CANNOT find what they are looking for...using the flippin' map that you get handed 4 of when you walk through your entrance and FOLLOW IT. I am quite certain that many people in the general public are just ignorant/stupid and refuse to use the organ that is placed in their head...

ANYHOW. I found the very specific and special ornaments for the people that I needed them for. I also bought a Santa key because our house in Missouri is NOT equipped with a chimney or fireplace so how will I get my presents? lol. As I was making my way from the abyss of the store to the cashier's station in the south end exit I was still just flabbergasted by the amount of people just wondering around, not paying attention to the fact they were hitting small children and full grown adults with their half of a mini cart. I am sure I looked like a scrooge with my horrified and disgusted looks...but just because it is ALMOST the holiday season DOES NOT mean that you have the right to wondering around being inconsiderate to your fellow man!

I made it out of the store and I immediately was thinking of the route to get to a bar...unfortunately to turn left out of Bronner's was worse than trying to navigate through the Christmas Crazed customers. I decided it was safer and most likely quicker to just head home.

Going to Meijer to get the forgotten groceries and gas was of course just another, fabulous experience...

I am tired of Christmas Music and I have been for two weeks..it is not even Thanksgiving yet!!!!

Bryan's friends came over from MO and we ate dinner at Zehender's in Frankenmuth, went out in Old Downtown Bay City and then went to Midland Street...it was quite the experience of people watching.

Now, as I am finishing this they are sitting around discussing the game tomorrow and Bryan is, of course, sleeping...lol

Hopefully tomorrow is as stress free as today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest