Monday, December 12, 2011

10, 9, 8 Days...

Weekends this next two weeks (and last weekend) are essentially all planned out for us. They're filled with Holiday Celebrations and last minute visits with people until we permanently move to Missouri and only use Michigan as a vacation state just as so many other people that I cannot stand in the summer...or on the slopes...(at least I will know where I am and also FOLLOW THE RULES OF SKIING!)

This past weekends family events included my younger Sister's formal graduation from Central Michigan University! YAY! However going to this pomp and circumstance event has only reinforced my good decision making of NOT participating in formal graduation. It is really not my taste to sit with hundreds of people that I do not know except for a sorority sister here, some other Greek mixed in the group with maybe 2 classmates...I would have had to pee the entire time because my bladder is smaller than a new born baby's and I would have had the urge to be texting everyone and possibly playing words with friends. Due to the two hour plus ceremony and driving back to the sorority house and getting all of Shannon's belongings my sister had to scurry to her Alternative Break Trip to Boston (it is a trip where she feeds and helps the poor, homeless whatever). So that left me, my mother, my step-dad and Bryan to eat dinner in a place that had very few people, was nice and had FOOD!

Sunday, after we finally woke up, yes, I got two days to sleep in...which is fabulous because I sincerely feel that anyone who PURPOSELY wakes me up super early EVERY weekend day every week has a seat reserved for them in the deepest, darkest, hottest circle in hell...I mean not to be a "bia" but sometimes you just need to sleep in and have a lazy day...

We decided that we would go to the outlet mall (we never went to the outlet mall) and go to downtown Detroit to get pastries (that we should not eat) from our FAVORITE bakery, Astoria in Greektown! om nom nom nom. We ate a couple of our favorite breweries (we split lunch between two places because we're awesome!), then we went to the "D" and got our sugar ladened goodies!! We somehow found our way to Somerset mall which is the most amazing mall not only in Michigan but probably one of the nicer ones in the continental US (it has an option to Valet park your car...). They have a "normal side" but the normal side is still very posh and filled with many awesome shops. THEN we crossed the beautiful skywalk that has people movers like they have at airports. It was just as pretty and awesome and even more beautifully decorated than the "normal side". The most exciting part of this extremely posh side of the mall is the home to Michigan's Tiffany & Co. I could have stood there all day frikin' staring at anything and everything that sparkled. They had small versions of the beautiful windows that they have displayed at the New York store! It was exciting and awesome and I was like a little kid in a super nice Toys 'R Us!

We made reservations for this Christmas Train ride at Crossroads Village which is a part of Genesee County Parks and Recreation. IT. WAS. AMAZING. The little village is so cute and amazing! The train is a restored one from like the 1860's and it was actually from the wild wild west!!! It was BEAUTIFUL! It even got Bryan in the Christmas Spirit...which he told me was impossible. We were both singing and having a great time! We even listened to Christmas music on our drive back to Bay City! It is one of those things that we will never forget and if we're around to go again we would totally do it! It. Was. Magical!! :)

I am not nervous about moving. I am more worried about how things will be when we actually live there for an extended period of time...not just 4 days. It is easy to think that it will be perfect...because living in Bay City has been nearly perfect..but who knows what Missouri will bring! In two weeks will be in Missouri...or at least almost to Missouri!

Terra Nova is on and it takes concentration to follow this show...WE. LOVE. THIS. SHOW...among many, many others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest