Sunday, December 18, 2011

4...3..Days!!!

5 days until Christmas!!!

Saturday was family Christmas number one...in Greenville, MI where I am from. It was nice and Bryan's second holiday with my Mom's sister and Mom's Mom (she couldn't attend). There's always good food and lots of people in a small, crammed space...and it is hott, hott, hott because even in the 80 degree small apartment my Grandma still had on a long sleeved shirt and a sweater and was still "chilly"...I was sweating.

I have been sucking at updating but 1. I have not felt good 2. I have been tired and 3. If I do not do it early enough it frustrates Bryan when I am on the computer when we're watching TV. I need to use all of the real, high speed internet I can since we are not having real internet at our house...I would personally rather have internet than cable...but Bryan disagrees.

OMG. HGTV in the morning is weird...I don't want to know how to make a painted flower lampshade by hand OR a clay basket to hold fake eggs...I do not want that crap in my house!

Anyways. Today, Day 3 was so fun. We have to take advantage of every free day that we have because we no Michigan days left to frolic and play. We really like TC (Traverse City) and really like their wine and beers AND North Peak, a local Brewpub and restaurant that has AMAZING drinks and food. We walked around downtown which is really nice and has some cool shops and is fun to look around. The M22 store (M22 is the road that almost every Grand Traverse Winery is on or off from) had THE BEST SHIRTS EVER. It is a line called Love Michigan and of course I want a tshirt and a hoodie. The XL women's shirt which were the colors I wanted was about the size of a shirt my sister who wears a size small...so that made me feel sad and a little fat...even though it was simply because the shirt is ridiculously small LOL. (here's the website: http://www.lovemichigan.com/?wpsc-product=love-ladies-fitted-tee-deep-heather-grey) I am currently also emailing the website so that I can get one in an appropriate size! We bought a Michigan cookie cutter, and some Cherry Malt Balls. We had a great time walking around and enjoying the nice day (it was almost 40 out!)

We love the Shops at the Village (mostly the ones where you can spend $5 to taste 6 wines. So we of course went to Left Foot Charlies which is awesome. This is just a tasting room but the whole complex is an old State Hospital that has been rescued and re-purposed. We bought the greatest growler EVER and also got some loose wine to drink this week and also found a Christmas Present for Bryan's Brother. Why would anyone not go to this place it is AWESOME! We found a beverage for our New Year's in a new place and the lady was even kind enough to let us have some tastes! It was great. I am going to miss our Sunday Drives to TC!

Mostly the point in this trip was to eat our North Peak which is amazing and one of our absloute favorite places in Michigan and anywhere to go! They have egg roll wrapped mozzarella sticks that are to do for when you dip them in the pesto ranch...om nom nom. WE have never had bad food here...it's always AWESOME! We love the drinks and the food and the place!

It was a fabulous day and we had so much fun!

I am so tired that I can only relive what we did today...I'm tired and have some wicked acid reflux going on...


I am getting excited to have Christmas, have the condo clean and ot just be done...the condo needs to be cleaned before christmas...but still...I just want to be done and be moved and just come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest